Apr 16, 2012

Lighten Up!

Concealer? Check! Foundation? Check! Highlighter? Hmm...
Sorry ladies, but I have another staple to add to your makeup arsenal: a highlighter. I never thought it was necessary as long as you used a decent concealer until I tried Givenchy's Mister Light Instant Light Corrective Pen. Oh. My. Goodness. Amazing!!! Where do I even begin?!?!? Highlighters reflect light (help to diminish fine lines) and brighten (lighten up dark areas). The texture is a creamy decadence, and it stays that way. I applied it with my ring finger (I prefer to use my finger rather than use the applicator) under my eyes wherever I noticed any darkness. I also applied the highlighter around my mouth area where I have slight wrinkles. (emphasis on the word "slight")

Apply Mister Light after foundation and concealer. You may apply powder before or after---OR none at all. This product has little to no creasing! If it does happen to crease, use your finger to smooth it out. It also looks great on top of BB Cream and no powder if you're going for a minimal look.
There are many luxury highlighters out on the market. The leading one is YSL Touché Éclat. I recommend Givenchy Mister Light over YSL. Try it out. You'll immediately see why.


Xoxo 
Holly Gowers

No comments: